QUOTA of QUOTES
““I don’t mind questions about my religion. But when people say to me, ‘Why do you not cut your hair?’ they are asking the wrong question. The real question is, why do they cut their hair? God made us this way.”
– Palwinder Singh, 38, a Sikh truck driver from Fontana, California. (Los Angeles Times)
“We should, all of us, as human
beings, do what we can to help other
– Dharmesh ‘Dan’ Patel, a hotelier from Riverside, California, who was part of team that provided food, water and other assistance to victims of a July 5th earthquake in southern California. (India West)
“I just want to make sure she helps us if she becomes president. All she needs to say is, ‘I made a mistake, and I promise Sikhs will be protected.”
– Sikh American attorney Rajdeep Jolly, who started a petition to ask presidential candidate Kamala Harris to apologize for not doing enough, when she was California’s Attorney General, to change a policy that prevented Sikh Americans from wearing turbans and beards while working at California state prisons. (India West)
“(My parents’) success is an example of what immigrants, people of color, and everyone can achieve with hard work, even when they find themselves in a country that seems to work against them.”
– Kriya Naidu, valedictorian at University High School in Orange County, Florida, lauding immigrants in a speech that she shared on YouTube after she was prevented from delivering it at her graduation ceremony.
“To go out on the basis of 45
minutes of bad cricket is saddening.
It breaks your heart.”
– Cricket star Virat Kohli, on losing to New Zealand in the semifinals of the cricket World Cup. (Associated Press)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? Please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus